During the week of April 16, Fox River Valley Public Libraries and our 24 partner libraries will be transitioning to a new library catalog. You’ll see a new look as you search for library materials, and will be introduced to new features as we work to improve your library experience.
Our 24 partner libraries
- Seamlessly use the new catalog on your phone, tablet, or computer
- .Create an easy to remember username to log into the library catalog.
- Select your notice preference, including email, text, or automated calls.
- Your items will now automatically renew 3 days before your due date, up to 2 times if there are no holds on the item. (This excludes non-renewable items, like Prize Pick books).
- Choose your preferred pickup location from any of the 29 participating locations.
What to Expect: April 14 through April 16
- The system will go down starting at 9 p.m. Friday, April 13, and the new system should be up and running on Tuesday, April 17.
- Bring your library card with you when you visit! We will be unable to look up your account to check out materials to you.
- Call us to confirm that an item is on shelf. As we transition from one catalog to another, results in the online catalog may not be up to date.
- Place your holds before the weekend! Library staff will not be able to place holds from April 14-April 16 and cardholders will be unable to log into the library catalog to place holds themselves.
- You will be unable to log into your online account or pay fines online during this time.
- Items returned to the library from April 14-April 16 will not be checked in until the new system is live, so they’ll remain on your card, but you won’t incur late fees.
Starting April 17:
- Your library PIN or password may transfer over to the new system in all CAPS. For example, if your PIN is currently mypin1, it will be MYPIN1 in the new catalog.
- Replace your existing browser bookmarks to the new catalog url (web address)!
- Important Alert: Your reading history and lists will be not transferred over. Ask a librarian for assistance in printing your reading history and/or your lists, so that information can be preserved.
How to Prepare: Patron Lists and Reading History
Neither patron lists from Enterprise (our current catalog system) nor will patron reading history migrate to our new catalog system Polaris. But patrons will be able to preserve their lists and check out history before April 13th. Once the migration process begins on April 13th at 9:00 PM, you will no longer be able to access the My Account features in Enterprise. However, current holds and check outs will transfer over to the new system.
To print or email a list, follow these steps:
- Log into My Account and select View Lists. .
- Select a list, and then use the checkbox next to Select an Action dropdown to select all items in the list. Or you may select a subset of items using the individual checkboxes next to each item.
- In Select an Action, chose Email or Print. If you select email, you will be prompted for an email address and a subject heading.
If you’ve already opted into saving your reading history, you’ll be automatically opted-in to saving your history in the new catalog, but the list of items you’ve borrowed won’t transfer over. To print out reading history, follow these steps:
- Log into My Account and select the Checkouts tab.
- Click on the link for Checkout History listed under the current checkouts.
- Select the print option from your browser
If you need help saving your Enterprise lists or reading history, stop by one of our service desks and we’ll be glad to help you out!