I. A brief description of our public body is as follows
- A. The Fox River Valley Public Library District provides materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of all members of the community.
- B. Library Organizational Chart
- C. The total amount of our operating budget for FY1718 is $3,403,307. Funding sources are property and personal property replacement taxes, state and federal grants, fines, charges, and donations.
- Tax levies are:
Corporate purposes (for general operating expenditures)
IMRF (provides for employee's retirement and related expenses)
Social Security (provides for employee's FICA costs and related expenses)
- Audit (for annual audit and related expenses)
- Liability (for insurance)
- D. The office is located at this address: Fox River Valley Public Library District, 555 Barrington Avenue, East Dundee, IL 60118.
- E. We have approximately the following number of persons employed:
- Full-time: 23
- Part-time: 37
F. The Fox River Valley Public Library District Board of Trustees exercises control over the libraryís policies and procedures. The Board normally meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the library meeting room unless rescheduled and notice is given in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
Board members are:
President: Richard V. Corbett
Secretary: Phyllis Creighton
Treasurer: Brian Lindholm
Trustees: Fred Lechuga, Nikki Kuhlman, Mike Tennis
- G. The library is required to report and be answerable for our operations to:
Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are: State Librarian and Secretary of State. Jesse White, Director of State Library, Anne Craig; and various other staff.