Borrowing costs remain near historic lows, and construction costs continue to increase. The longer the district waits to address facility improvements, the more it will cost.
You are here
The current tax rate for FRVPLD (20.9 cents) is one of the lowest in the county.
The Fox River Valley Public Library District serves East Dundee, West Dundee, Carpentersville, Gilberts, Sleepy Hollow, and portions of Algonquin, Elgin, and Barrington Hills.
No. Only about 7% of Fox River Valley Libraries’ circulation is e-books. Satisfying the demand for materials in all formats, including print, audio, and digital, is a core function of the library. After 10 years of availability, e-book sales have reached a plateau and print continues to outpace digital.
Yes, the Board of Trustees is committed to making improvements that will provide long-term flexibility. By eliminating space at the rear of the building without altering its basic design, it will be expansion-ready if population continues to grow. In addition, internal flexibility is built into the plan so that the building can adapt to our patrons’ needs.
A new library would be located on a site on Recreation Drive just west of Randall Road, close to the Recreation Center, baseball fields, and Dundee Middle School.
Yes, a new library would replace the Randall Oaks Library, a temporary branch library in rented space.
A new library would respond to the community’s need for equitable library service on both sides of the district, while balancing concerns about cost. The downsized proposal includes:
- Large early childhood area
- Larger collections for all ages
- Multipurpose rooms for programs, meetings, and group study
- Computer classroom
- Easy-to-browse shelving, wide aisles, and comfortable seating
If voter approved, some funds would address necessary improvements to the Dundee Library:
- Increase the size of the children’s area
- Create more public space by repurposing administrative offices and the former Township space into areas for public use
- Provide multipurpose spaces for meetings, computer training, group study, and tutoring
- Address safety issues, such as repairing emergency exits and installing a sprinkler system