Last month, the Library Board of Trustees invited the Friends of the Library to drop by their meeting so that they could recognize them with a proclamation declaring October 15-21 Friends of the Library Week.
The Friends raise money that enables our library to provide needed resources for adult programming, class visits for all second graders in the Library District, technology equipment, and special events throughout the year.
The Friends are always in need of more Friends! Any amount of time is appreciated and well spent. Here is what our Friends do according the their own schedule:
- Sort donated books at the Dundee Library.
- Host special events and programs.
- Accept donations at drop-off events at the Dundee Library.
- Deliver books to Culver’s in Carpentersville for our ongoing book sale table.
- Help set up, work at, and take down at our book sales.
- Members are invited (but not required!) to attend our monthly meetings on the third Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Dundee Library.
- Assemble book baskets for donation.
You can also support the Friends by shopping at our fall, spring, and special mini book sales , donating books, and selecting Friends of the Fox River Valley Public Library District as your charitable organization on AmazonSmile.
Visit www.frvpld.info/fotl for more information on book sales, book donations, and becoming a Friend.