One of the library’s newest collections for 2021 is student hotspots: Wi-Fi hotspots that circulate for an entire semester.
COVID-19 accelerated the library’s vision of providing internet service to our entire district. Earlier this year, we increased the number of standard hotspots to 50 and ensured patrons could continue to access the library’s Wi-Fi from all corners of the Dundee parking lot while the buildings are closed. We want to continue that effort by offering the students of our district internet for an entire semester’s worth.
Student hotspots have different guidelines for checkout than standard hotspots:
- Patrons must have a valid student ID to check out student hotspots.
- While the buildings are closed, students or their parents/guardians can simply show a valid student ID during curbside pickup.
- Hotspots check out for an entire semester, not for a specific amount of time. The loan periods are:
- Spring Semester: January 1 - May 31
- Summer Semester: June 1 - August 31
- Fall Semester: September 1 – December 31
- Only one hotspot per household.
- Student hotspots do not accrue late fees.
- Student hotspots are not eligible for home delivery.
If a hotspot is needed for a specific semester, patrons can set the hold activation date for the beginning of that semester when placing the hold.
Patrons can place a hold on these student hotspots starting today! You can access them in the online catalog here. If you have any questions regarding placing a hold, please email LibraryNotice@frvpld.info or call us at 847-428-3661.