Ruth M. Wendt Gallery
About the Gallery
The Ruth M. Wendt Gallery, located on the main level of the Dundee Library, provides space for local artists and collectors to exhibit their works and collections for the viewing enjoyment of all members of the community.
The gallery was established in honor of Ruth Miller Wendt (1905-1968), a book-loving member of the Dundee Township community who served on the library's board of directors from 1937 until 1963.
Mrs. Wendt has been long remembered for her work in getting the library moved to larger facilities. Her work on behalf of the board in the 1950s led to the Dundee Library's move to the Brinkerhoff-Hall house on West Main Street in West Dundee in 1962. It became the first building owned by the Dundee Township Public Library.