We are pleased to announce that we’ve added a new eResource called Creativebug! Creativebug provides over 1,000 online, video-based art and craft classes led by expert instructors. Classes cover a variety of areas, including painting, drawing, ceramics, sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet, paper crafts, and more! Free crochet and knitting patterns are available for download as well. Creativebug is free to use and can be used in the library and remotely from home.
- Go to the Research page on the library’s website.
- The eResources on this page are in alphabetical order, so scroll down to the C’s and then click on “Creativebug.”
- A Creativebug login screen will come up that requires you to put in your library card number and PIN. The PIN will be the password you use to log in to your library account on our website.
- You then will have to create a free account. This is so you can keep track of the videos you have watched and save your place if you need to and then resume right where you left off.
- Once you create an account, just click “See Latest Classes Here” to go to the Creativebug homepage. NOTE: Once you have an account, this button comes up after you put your card number and password in when you go to Creativebug moving forward.
On the homepage, you can browse the different types of videos. They are organized by category and categories include Art + Design, Sewing, Quilting, Paper, Knitting, Crochet and more. You can also browse classes by clicking on “Classes” at the top of the page. If you click on “Inspiration” at the top of the page, you can go to the pattern library and download knitting and crochet patterns for free, look at blog posts about arts and crafts, read about the different instructors that do the videos, and more.
The videos vary in length but are all lead by instructors who are experts in these different arts and crafts areas. With each video, the instructor will show you how to do a type of project. They include a list of all the materials that are needed so you can get all of the materials and follow along. There is also a discussion area where you can add comments or ask the instructor questions. There is also a gallery where people can share a photo of their finished product, there is a transcript of the video, and more.
Creativebug provides a fun, engaging way to try different kinds of art and craft projects. Whether you are a long time crafter or are looking to try something new, Creativebug will have something for you. The videos range in difficulty level, so anyone can find something fun to try! If you have any questions about Creativebug, please feel free to stop by the Information Desk, call us at 847-428-3661, or email us at email@example.com.